How to write a paper for publication in Geographical Data (SEPEHR) Journal
The papers submitted to “Geographic Data (SEPEHR)” Journal should have the following conditions:
1 - The paper should have a scientific-research approach to the related field.
2 - The paper should be written in a fluent style and be grammatically correct (both Farsi and English versions).
3. The subject of the paper should correspond to the subject matter of the journal (the fields listed on the website's homepage; see the text on the home page regarding the admissibility and examination conditions of the paper).
4 - The responsible writer of the paper is committed not to print the paper in other journals, nor to present it in seminars and conferences, etc.
5 - The paper should be prepared using the Word software (Save as: Word 2003-2007) and sent only through the journal’s website. (In all stages of examination, the revised papers should be sent only through the journal's website. It is not possible to handle papers sent via email).
Note: The original file of the submitted paper should not contain the author's name, and the name and academic title of the author or authors in Farsi and English will be sent in a separate Word file. (The name of the responsible author and the address, telephone number and e-mail of all the authors are necessary)
6 - The paper should be prepared in 15 sheets on average and up to 20 sheets of A4 (with line spacing of 1 cm and margins of 2 cm) and all pages should be sequentially numbered.
7 - The tables, charts, maps and drawings of the paper are numbered according to their place in the paper, and their descriptive captions are placed below them (except for the title of tables that are placed above the table). Furthermore, references are added below them and on the left.
8 - Farsi font of the sent text is B Lotus and its English font Times (font size of text 13, main titles 14 bold, secondary titles 13 bold).
9 - The first three pages of the paper include: Farsi and English titles - Farsi abstract in 250 to 300 words (including description of the case studied, research objectives, research method, tools used, the method of data collection, the techniques and software used, the results) and extended English abstract in at least 700 and at most 1000 words, and key words in Farsi and English (4 to 7 words).
* The English abstract should have the following structure:
Introduction, Materials & Methods, Results & Discussion, Conclusion, Keywords "
10 - References in text should be in accordance with the standard APA, such as (Ganji, 24: 2008) and Internet resources (WWW.Science.ir).
11 - Main and secondary titles are encoded, so that the main code is placed on the left side and the secondary codes are added to the right (1, 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, and ...) in English version, and contrarily for the Farsi version.
12 - Equations and formulas are typed and numbered using the Word software formula.
13 - Drawings and images should be scanned in an appropriate quality, and if possible, with an approximate resolution of 300 dpi.
14 - The structure of the paper is as follows:
- Farsi abstract (250 to 300 words) including: subject description, subject significance, research objectives, research method, tools used, method of data collection, techniques and software used, and obtained results.
- Key words (Farsi and English): 4 to 7 words.
- Introduction includes: subject description, importance of subject matter and necessity of the study, goals, research background, questions and hypotheses, method and stages of research, introduction of variables and indicators, research scope.
- Concepts, views and theoretical foundations.
- The discussion includes: the application of methods, techniques, examination and analysis of hypotheses and questions (using quantitative and qualitative methods).
- Proposing suggestions and solutions to mentioned problems and issues.
- Sources (in alphabetical order) according to the APA standard, in brief as follows:
* Authored book: surname, author (s), year, book name, publisher, print time, number of edition, place of publication, number of pages. (If the book has more than one author, first, the surname of all authors in order, and then, the first name of all authors in order, must be mentioned)
* Translated book: surname, name (author), year, book name, translator’s surname, publisher, print time and number of edition, place of publication, number of pages.
* Paper: surname, first name (author), year, title of paper, name of journal (or seminar and conference where the paper has been presented), journal’s ISSN, place of publication, number of pages. (If the article has more than one author, first surnames of all authors in order and then, the first name of all authors in order, must be mentioned.
* Internet sources: (WWW.Science.ir).
* Theses and dissertations: surname, author's name (year), title of thesis or dissertation, surname and first name of the supervisor, university and department.
* Latin sources in English alphabetical order, exactly as dealt with Farsi sources (mentioned above).