1)BITNET Network Information Center, 1987.
BITNET and the BITNIC: The BITNET network information center at EDUCOM, January 10. Electronically transmitted file.
2)BITNET Network information Center. 1988a. Criteria for BITNET
3)BITNET Network Information Center, 1988b.
BITNET II: Option to use TCP/IP for BITNET traffic. July 7. Electronically transmitted file.
4) BITNET Network Information Center, 1989a. BITNET member institution. January 1. Electronically transmitted file.
5) BITNET Network Information Center, 1989b. BITNET/EARN/NetNorth/GULFNET/ANSP Topology January 10 Electronically transmitted file.
6) BITNET Network Information Center. 1989c. Summary statement of the proposed merger of BITNET and CSNET January 13.Electronically transmitted file.
7) BITNET Services Library. 1989. BITNET Servers. New Haven, CT: BITNET Services Library January. Electronically transmitted file.
8) Cerny, James W. 1987. BITNET user’s guide. University Computing. University of New Hampshire. October 5. Electronically transmitted file.
9) Computer Science Facilities Group, Rutgers University. 1987. Introduction to the internet protocol. July 3. Electronically transmitted file.
10) Condon, Christopher, 1989a, BITNET User help. New Haven, CT: BITNET Library Services.
11) Condon, Christopher. 1989b Bitnotes, Net Month Feb 15.
12) Fuchs, Ira. 1983. BITNET. Because it’s time. Perspectives in Computing 3:16 – 27.
13) LaQuey, Tracy L.1988. User’s Directory of Computer Networks Accessible to the Higher Education Network Member Institution, Austin, TX: University of Texas.
14) McCredie, Jon W. 1984a. BITNET’s changing role in higher education. EDUCOM Bulletin 19:2—5.
15) Mc Credie, John W. 1984b. Gateways among academic computer networks. CAUSE/EFFECT 7:32—36.
16) Monsebroten, Dale R., ed.1988. Schwendeman, s Directory of College Geography of the United States Richmond, K Y: Eastern Kentucky University.
17) Oberst, Daniel J., and Sheldon B.Smith, 1986. BITNET: Past. Present and Future. EDUCON Bulletin 21:10—17.
18) Quarterman, John S., and Josiah C, Hoskions, 1986. Notable computer networks. Communications of the Association for Computing Machinery 29:932-71.
19) Smith, Dick , 1989, Spacetime physics, Net Mouth , March 4.
20) Wilmitt, Cort J., and Gary L. Gaile, 1989, Geography in America. Columbus, OH: Mrill Publishing.
21) Association of American Geographers. 1988. Guide to Department of Geography in the United states and Canada, 1988-1989. Washington.DC.
22) Association of American Geographers . 1989.
*LAWRENCE T.LEWIS (ph.D.,Clark University) is professor of Geography, Western Illinois University . Macomb, IL 61455 (BITNET address MGGR001 aECNCDC). His research interests include microcomputer cartography, the military campaigns against the microcomputer cartography, the military campaigns against the Apaches, and the geography of high tech industries.