عنوان مقاله [English]
Geomatic Engineering and sciences include activities that involve obtaining (receiving, collecting, deducing and utilizing), processing (networking, scaling, computing, topological structure and simulation), analysis, display (topography, two-dimensional, three dimensional and animation display) and spatial information management (modeling and exploitation). Geosciences are not limited to geodesy, photogrammetry, mapping, cartography, geographic information systems (GIS) and cadastre, but include a wide range of environmental and spatial sciences with a variety of career opportunities. The widespread applications of engineering and geomatic sciences demand widespread theoretical and applied research. Geomatic specialists utilize information collection techniques (such as digital imaging and satellite positioning) and advanced computer systems. They play a major role in providing visualization and effective assistance in decision making, and in implementation and control of all construction over, under and above the ground in the following projects.
• Design, construction and management of urban engineering projects
• Obtaining (collecting and utilizing) information and production of maps and digital charts
• Asset management such as land, transport infrastructure and property (by GIS, LIS)
• Control of environmental changes and natural resource management (through remote sensing)
• Urban planning
• Earthquake prediction (through measurements of very slow motion of the Earth),
• Control of the safety of various structures, such as stairs, dams, large buildings and towers.
• Exploration and engineering for production of gas and oil in different areas
• Measuring and controlling sensitive areas